SOLOYOGA | 200 HR TEACHER TRAINING
JUNE – OCTOBER 2019
SOLO Yoga’s 200-hour teacher training adheres to all the Yoga Alliance standards and then some! We’ve included an additional breakdown of yoga posture sequencing, trauma-informed teaching strategies, playlist 101, injury prevention, and an overview of the business of yoga. If you’re interested in pursuing this for reasons other than teaching, this training will deepen your yoga practice and provide an opportunity for transformative self-exploration that can be carried into other professions and everyday life!
This training is located at SOLO Yoga, just one block from the St. Croix River in historic downtown Hudson, WI! With multiple parks, beaches, over 20 bars & restaurants, and many other specialty shops within walking distance, there’s always something to do in this beautiful city.
OUR CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
- Intro to Anatomy, Physiology, and Injury Prevention
- An in-depth breakdown of yoga posture families
- How to develop a balanced yoga sequence
- Development of your own teaching voice and approach
- Safe and skillful hands-on assists
- Inclusive language and trauma-informed approach to instruction
- Playlist 101
- Practical Teaching Experience
- History of yoga and philosophy
- Overview of the business of yoga
- Give back to your community-Karma Yoga Teaching Experience
Click For Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Teacher Training Cost?
All of our pricing is listed on the website. We offer early bird pricing for the Summer/Fall training until May 1st. In addition, we do have a payment plan option. For further payment options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s included in your Yoga Teacher Training Tuition?
- Training Manual (all materials discussed during the training, notes section, sequences, postures (names and how to) etc.
- Required Reading Materials
- The Key Muscles Of Yoga | Ray Long
- Your Body, Your Yoga | Bernie Clark
- Light On Yoga | B. K. S. Iyengar
- 5 Month Unlimited Yoga Membership
- 15% discount on retail and class packs
What is yoga teacher training?
Teacher training at SOLO Yoga will be a combination of self discovery, diving deeper in to understanding what yoga is and provide you the skillset needed to move through or instruct a balanced well rounded yoga class.
Can I do teacher training if I’m not sure I want teach?
YES! The core of this training will heavily involve self exploration and building a solid yoga foundation that is balanced by personal experience, history and teaching techniques that can be applied to a personal practice or instructional purposes. This training will challenge both your physical and mental awareness to cultivate transformative change that will extend beyond your yoga mat!! If you choose to teach, by the end of this training you will know how to teach a balanced practice. *If you choose not to teach right away, you can hold off on registering through the yoga alliance. We recommend attending continued education trainings if there’s a chance you may want to teach in the future so the content isn’t lost over time.
What does a typical weekend of teacher training look like?
The entire teacher training syllabus is located within the training manual so you can be prepared prior to the start of each weekend. We will do our best to follow the below schedule and timing of our learning focus:
- Introduction of the weekend’s focus and practice/teaching the 3-5 postures given from the previous week. Friday will also be a time to touch base on any questions that may have been carried over from the prior weekend after applying the information to your self practice and completing the homework assignments.
- Deep Dive into the focus of the weekend. Below are the week’s areas of focus
- Attend the studio class from 9:30-10:30am (Each month the focus of the class led at the studio will be coordinated around what was learned on Saturday to provide the chance for practical application of the learning materials).
- Finish up any last items that weren’t discussed on Friday.
- Practice teaching
- Hand out and discuss the postures you will need to practice and teach for next weekends training
- (Please note that this schedule of what to expect each day may not be EXACTLY the same every weekend based on the needs of the group, but is intended to give a better understanding of what to expect).
- Weekend 1: Introduction, History and Philosophy Of Yoga
- Weekend 2: Anatomy and Breath
- Weekend 3: Teaching Methodology, Yama and Niyamas,
- Weekend 4: Sequence Building- Lower Body, Hip Opening, Hip Positioning (Square vs Open)
- Weekend 5: Sequence Building- Seated Asanas, Forward Folding, Sanskrit Alphabet
- Weekend 6: Sequence Building- Movements of the Spine (Backbend, Twists) and Balancing
- Weekend 7: Sequence Building- Core, Yoga Injury/Prevention and Business of Yoga
- Weekend 8: Practice, Teaching, and Community Class led by Teacher Trainees
What happens if I miss a weekend?
You will get what you put into this training, therefore, we strongly recommend that you attend all scheduled dates. In the event that you have to miss we will be offering a make-up weekend that will be scheduled 1-2 weeks after the last weekend of training. The date will be determined based on the need of the group.
How often will SOLO Yoga have teacher trainings?
Currently, SOLO Yoga plans to have a 200HR Teacher Training twice per year- Summer/Fall and Winter/Spring. We hope to add more teacher trainings in the future such as- Meditation Teacher Training, Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Kids Yoga Teacher Training. Check back or join our newsletter to stay in the know!
Is there additional homework or things I need to do outside of the weekends we meet?
Yes, you will have homework that needs to be completed after each weekend we meet to enrich your learning experience. Some of this homework will be handed in and notes will be
given to ensure your understanding of the materials. In addition you will be required to attend classes at SOLO (or studio of your choice) and practice at home throughout the entire training.
How many times a month does Teacher Training meet?
We will meet a total of 8 weekends. Depending on when you take the training the times per month may vary. Our 2019 Summer/Fall training will meet-
- JUNE | Two Times Per Month
- JULY | One Time Per Month
- AUGUST | One Time Per Month
- SEPTEMBER | Two Times Per Month
- OCTOBER | Two Times Per Month
Upon completion of our training program, you will be eligible to register through the Yoga Alliance as a 200-Hour Registered Yoga Instructor.
- FRI 6.14 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 6.15 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 6.16 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 6.28 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 6.29 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 6.30 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 7.19 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 7.20 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 7.21 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 8.16 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 8.17 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 8.18 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 9.13 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 9.14 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 9.15 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 9.27 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 9.28 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 9.29 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 10.11 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 10.12 | 11:00am-7:00pm
- SUN 10.13 | 10:45am-6:45pm
- FRI 10.25 | 5:00-9:00pm
- SAT 10.26 | 11:00-7:00pm
- SUN 10.27 | 10:45-6:45pm
PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
PRICING INCLUDES ALL TRAINING MATERIALS, BOOKS AND AN UNLIMITED YOGA MEMBERSHIP (OVER A $445.00 VALUE) DURING THE COURSE OF THE TRAINING.
ALL PRICING OPTIONS REQUIRE A $300 DEPOSIT DUE WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ACCEPTANCE INTO THE TRAINING AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE
PLACE DEPOSIT ON OR BEFORE MAY 1ST AND PAY REMAINING BALANCE ON OR BEFORE MAY 25TH
EITHER PAY IN FULL BY JUNE 7TH OR SPLIT INTO TWO PAYMENTS, HALF UP-FRONT AND THE REMAINDER BY JUNE 14TH
DEPOSIT AND FIVE PAYMENTS OF $560 DUE BY THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH, THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF TRAINING
EDIE BRENNAN | LEAD INSTRUCTOR
200 HR E-RYT
FOUNDER/OWNER OF SOLO YOGA
Vinyasa trained instructor with a comprehensive background in teaching yoga in eating disorder treatment and recovery.
DENNIS MCGUIRE | LEAD INSTRUCTOR
200 HR E-RYT
500 HR RYT Trainee (complete June 2019)
Yogi since 1970, with 18 years of teaching experience. Background in Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara styles of yoga.
DR. SCOTT SCHREIBER | ANATOMY TRAINER
DC, MS, DACRB, DCBCN, LN, CNS
OWNER OF MN SPINE AND SPORT
Double board certified in rehabilitation and clinical nutrition. Doctorate of Chiropractic with 14 years of experience.